About Me

My photo
I am just another writer who has taken residency in the infinite sea of writers struggling to make themselves known.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ramblings on Experiences

About 5 seconds ago, I read a blog from my English teacher. She talked about our project. It was a project where we had two find two songs that define us and do a presentation. It was intense and everybody was crying, and it was just spectacular to have a window into these people's lives.

I struggle with a lot, but i don't talk about my hardships. I feel like lingering on the bad will get you nowhere. For my presentation, I chose "Drown You Out" by Crossfade because I've gone through shit and I've made it out with a whole new attitude. I am who I am because of what I have gone through. I pray that God puts me through so much shit so that I can relate to everyone. I want pain to make me into a better writer who has seen enough things in his life that I can open up other's eyes to true hardships that people face every day.

My only problem with this idea is that I cannot go into detail about what has happened. I've tried and tried to cut open my shell and let pages soak in my own blood, but I feel like I can never do it justice. Perhaps it will come to me later in life, but for now, I write about the small things I’ve experienced like hopelessness in ever finding love, the life of drugs, prostitutes, and drug dealers, loneliness, depression, but things that go much deeper into how I feel, how I saw things, I can't seem to get all my feelings right and placed into an organized tale. I will keep trying though. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers