About Me

My photo
I am just another writer who has taken residency in the infinite sea of writers struggling to make themselves known.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

another project to add to the list

I am so excited about this new novel I am working on. I am still working with Poison and my short story, Patient: Michael K. Peters, but this new novel I am working on is also on my list of things to work on.
I am taking this story a lot slower than most things I write. It has been two days and I’ve only written 4 paragraphs. This is a new process of writing that I am trying out. I already wrote a timeline and I’m still working on characterization, themes, and all that good stuff. But as for writing, I write a paragraph and then I read it over and fix things as I read until I read the paragraph 3 times by itself and 3 times with the paragraph before it and don’t stop to make a single change.
I think this is helping me become a better writer. I don’t think that there is a perfect process to writing, but I like and want to try writing in new ways. It exercises different parts of my writing skills.
That is about all I want to say about my novel. I am too proud of what I have accomplished that I cannot risk letting the story fall into another’s hands so I can’t really give anything away. But I can say that this novel ties into Poison. I want all of my novels to be placed into the world I am creating inside of my mind. The stories don’t even tie other then the fact that they happen in the same universe. This is how real life is, and I want that aspect to be a part of my writings.
Well, wish me luck.
Love ya’ll,
Luke-Dakota Massey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers