About Me

My photo
I am just another writer who has taken residency in the infinite sea of writers struggling to make themselves known.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Fire, Fire, Fire

Ireland was a great experience, and it was good to have a vacation, but I was looking forward to being home. I was losing my mind being without the comfort of my home and routines... and I was full of stress about things that I haven't been doing. I'm not a good vacationer.

Well, fire came into my world and started taking even more time away. All day yesterday I was at the airport in Chicago because my next flight was already 5 hrs after my landing, and then delay after delay. Thursday was wasted as it ran into the next day.

Friday.
We left the cats here alone for two weeks... the house became destroyed. We cleaned it up, unpacked quickly. Then, I got a new job, destruction of a little extra free time, but it was money which would add up to more time to write in the long run. Things were looking pretty good and I was getting everything back to normal. Then, fire. Literally.

Fire came into the neighborhood and we had to evacuate. We packed up what we just unpacked and we went to the local Target to find out what to do next. While this was going on I managed to break the washer and my dad scrapped his truck. Also, we had to bring the cats with us, so my car is now full of fur due to the kitties' stress of being in the car. And of course, this all happened when I was supposed to be getting ready for my first day of my new job. Well, turns out they had the fire under control and we went back and had to unpack and clean again.

I don't know when peace will be restored, but it needs to happen soon. I need to get back on track with writing. I need to finish Poison for once and for all, I need to perfect my short story, and I need to organize my thoughts so that I can work on new literature.

Somebody, please help put the fire out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers